For & on behalf of Hiline Services
Since the foundation of Hi-Line Services (Lichfield) Ltd in 198 an excellent reputation has been built for the supply and installation of stainless steel vessels and pipework of the highest quality.
Hi-Line are specialists in hygienic fabrication and installation and are proud to provide services to a number of industrial sectors including brewing, food and beverage, water treatment, chemical, process and nuclear areas.
Bombay Sapphire Distillery, Laverstoke Mill, Whitchurch, Hertfordshire.
A 300 year old paper mill with over 1000 years of history dating back to the Domesday Book, within a Conservation Area and a Site of Special Scientific Interest was the chosen site by Bacardi Co to house their new Distillery Restoration Project for their famous Bombay Sapphire Gin; a gin whose recipes began to be put together in 1761!
Huge efforts were made to ensure the processes and buildings were as sustainable and efficient as possible. In recognition of this the distillery was awarded the highly prestigious BREEAM Award for Industrial Design in 2014.
Driscoll Insulation Services was proud to be involved with this project for and on behalf of Hi-Line Services in Lichfield, who have an excellent reputation for the supply and installation of stainless steel vessels and pipework of the highest quality.
We installed the insulation, for frost protection and condensation prevention to the Tank Farm, Still Houses and Energy Centre.
- Prior to any insulation being applied all pipework was treated with an anti-chloride barrier.
- Depending on the service the pipework insulation types were either phenolic foam pipe sections or mineral wool pipework sections both complete with factory applied vapour barrier.
- Insulated pipework only was clad in 0.7mm swg plain aluminium or 0.56mm gauge PVF2 prepainted steel sheet in Silver at the customers specific request.
- Secured with 13mm wide stainless steel bands, all joints overlapped , with all external joints sealed with silicone sealant.
- Valves flanges and inline equipment were insulated with bespoke purpose made flexible thermal covers, with a 25mm needlefelt infill and double-sided grey silicone cloth outers secured with drawcords and Velcro fasteners.